Saturday, December 5, 2015

Vietnam day 8

This day was rough. I really didn't do that much.

At one point I went for a short walk with Sean (the Irish bloke who completed his PhD) and had a pretty epic chat about European PhDs, fluid dynamics and advice in general about how to do shit. Apparently he had completed his PhD, won an award from SETI, plays several musical instruments and is thinking about starting up his own consultancy business in turbines that are used in vortex's.

While admittedly the chat with Sean was awesome and inspiring, my hangover had worsened at the sound of computational fluid dynamics so I had to go back and nap for a few more hours.

I surfaced close to 5pm and met Dan at a pub. Dan (who is about the same age as me) decided to handle his hangover by getting drunk again. He had found a Welsh bloke and had been heavily drinking since 1pm. Despite having my manhood mocked by Dan and the Welsh guy for not drinking beer with them, I decided to order a coca-cola with a swirly straw.

Later that night I went to the night markets. In all honestly I was more interested in the kabab stores on the adjacent street. One resourceful shop had managed to drill a hole directly into the ground into a gas pipeline underneath to cook my kebab. When it was done he simply clogged the sturdy hose with a plastic stopper...

No comments:

Post a Comment