Sunday, December 13, 2015

South Korea day 6

I took a 4 hour bus to Busan (a big city in the south of South Korea) in the afternoon. Once I arrived it was quite late and I was starving so I ate a hefty abount of "gimbap", which is a Korean food which looks exactly like sushi but tastes very different. I definitely prefer sushi, but then again, I prefer sushi to anything.

It was roughly 7pm and I hadn't booked a hostel, so I decided to catch local public transport to Haeundae which was a place my backpacker sense made me expect to find lots of hostels. (By the way, the trains here are really cool; they play classical music at every stop).  As soon as I walked out of the station I found a place called 'one stop hostel'.

Even though the public transport ride was only 40 minutes long I was still starving by the end of it. Fortunately my roommate was a Korean engineer who hadn't eaten yet. I went out to have some traditional Korean food with him. He told me about his experiences doing 2 years compulsory military service and expressed his anxieties about starting his Engineering job tomorrow. He talked a lot so I only got to mention that I was an engineer as I was climbing into my bottom bunk bed. I was fiddling with my phone adaptor and the power socket as I was telling him that I did some electrical engineering courses at my university. Unfortunately, it was at this moment that i short circuited the whole room by forcing in the adaptor plug... Whoops! I can guess what he thinks about western quality education now :p

No comments:

Post a Comment