Saturday, December 19, 2015

South Korea day 13

I woke up with one thing on my mind. The Google Center in Seoul! I think Google has 7 centers around the world, all of them famous for their innovative design, free entrepreneur workshops, kick ass café and water slides. I rocked up to the Google center called "Seoul campus" in Samseong only to find that no entrepreneur workshops were running, the cafe was closed, the office was tiny and there were NO water slides. I was very disappointed :( in hindsight I really should have guessed this was the case though because no one on Korea actually uses Google products here; they all use 'Naver'.

After a disappointing start to the day, I got in contact with Matt via Facebook and arranged to meet him, Josh and Woo in Sinjeong. We were all starving by the time I arrived so we decided to get Korean pizza (yes, that's a thing). It was good, but not as good as the Cambodian pizza I got in SE Asia.

Because we were insanely unorganzied we had to sprint with our pizza boxes through a whole bunch of public transport to arrive in Hongik University to complete our 'escape the room' adventure we had booked earlier that day. The Koreans on the subway must have thought we were the most passionate pizza delivery men in existence.

Escape the room was great!! I loved it. Solving puzzles, finding clues and arguing with your friends are 3 of my favorite things to do in life. I really enjoyed it. Plus we were only 10 minutes behind the record for escaping the room!

After escape the room, we all decided to go to a PC bang and play some computer games. That was also pretty epic! Josh, the Australain civil engineer, crushed us in StarCraft :( its my  fault. I should have practiced more.

We played computer games till about 12:30am. Sadly the public transport shuts down at midnight for some reason so I had to walk for 2.5 hours home. Walking through Seoul at night is actually a lot of fun. I got back at 3am and passed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment