Monday, December 7, 2015

Vietnam day 7

Today I reunited with two Swiss girls I met earlier in Cambodia. They were new to Hanoi so the swirling deathball of traffic was quite intimidating for them. Reinacting a scene from Aladin I asked Monika to trust me by closing her eyes and walking confidently into the traffic. At first it worked brilliantly, but towards the end I had to yank her back to stop a lone motorbike from splattering her. She wasn't too happy after that.

Regardless, we all had an epic Vietnamese BBQ lunch where we; enjoyed good food, drank a few beers and met an American called Dan.

Sadly the Swiss girls had to leave to Sa Pa by 9pm so that left Dan and I alone in a pub. We got plastered drunk, joined a pub crawl and somehow ended up at the Mafia owned nightclub; the lighthouse.

At roughly 4 I stumbled my way home through the deserted and eerily quiet streets of Hanoi. I slipped and fell over more times than I can remember. Amazingly there was one woman who was still selling sugary pastry near my hostel. I decided to award my bad athleticism with a donut and crawl my way to my bed.

The hangover the next day was very real. I spent half the next day sleeping and the other half hating myself for drinking so much. You might say I was quite "hanoid"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment