Sunday, December 27, 2015

Australia day 2

I woke up at 8:00 sharp to get my free breakfast. The hostel was offering free cerial and Vegemite on toast.

Shortly after that I decided to walk around town so I packed my bag and walked along the river for a few hours. I ended up at south bank beach; a small artificial beach in the middle of the city. I suspect the beach would have been better to see at night because it was a public holiday and there were kids screaming and shouting all over the place.

While walking back it struck me just how many fat people there are in Brisbane. Especially coming from Korea, the high obesity rate here is remarkably transparent. There are plenty of druggos here too. Spotting a crystal meth addict is super easy; just look out for the super skinny bogans trying to stay balanced on flat ground.

Later on that night I made friends with an American guy called John and a few Germans. We all went drinking in the pub by the hostel and met a group of bogan Aussies. The Aussies were extreemly friendly but clearly racist. Also, they bought their drug addicted 50 year old mother along to go partying with them. It was a strange sight to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment