Thursday, December 17, 2015

South Korea day 11

The Korean staff at pencil 5 hostel were as hospitable as ever. They prepared an epic lunch for all residents which consisted of sliced chicken breast wrapped around orange slices. It was marinated in a sweet sauce, wrapped in tin foil and baked. It was wonderful! Sadly, I also found out it wasn't technically Korean - the owner was just a creative cook.

As much as I loved the hostel, it was a little bit out if town and quite expensive so I decided to pack my shit and go back to stay in the Iteawan hostel. Once there I decided to walk to the Korean war museum.

In all honesty, this was by far the best museum I'd been to on my whole trip. They didn't just focus on insignificant details and emotional stimulus, instead they had whole sections of the museum dedicated to the bigger picture behind the Korean war. I still consider myself remarkably  ignorant about the conflict, but at least I know a whole lot more. I didn't even know China was militarily involved before I went to the museum.

It was bloody cold leaving the museum (-7°C) so I decided to invest in a hot chocolate to keep my organs from frosting over. I've only just realized how ive traded my addiction of cornetos from Cambodia with hot chocolate from south Korea.

To top off the day, I went touring a few markets and temples in the north of Seoul. So much delicious street food.

When I arrived back at the hostel I made friends with a massive group of British exchange students and one Swiss guy. Of course we ended up drinking

No comments:

Post a Comment