Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Australia day 3

I woke up at 7:30am and raced to the courtyard to get my free breakfast. Once I powered through the bowl, I went back to sleep.

I woke up at 9:00am and raced to the courtyard to get my free breakfast. Once I powered through the bowl and 2 slices of toast I met up with John again and decided to walk around town with him.

John is my American double. He's a 25 y/o engineer from California and literally has the exact same world view I have. The only major difference we have is that he has a job working at Tesla Motors and I don't :(. We walked around the Brisbane botanical gardens and around the city a bit before heading back to the hostel.

My first impression of Brisbane was very positive. There are a lot of aweosme pubs, its really clean and the river walk is amazing. However once you've done South Bank, the river walk and botanical gardens, there is hardly anything left to explore! I'm amazed at how dead Brisbane seems to be during summer!

When I got back I heated up a shit tonne of pasta that I had made for myself yesterday and went for another walk around town. I went outside for a total of 5 minutes and ran into a German guy who looked desperately lost and asked me where the nearest supermarket was. While i was walking him there i discovered he was a 35 y/o who decided to spontaneously quit his job and book a flight to Australia once his girlfriend dumped him. I advised him against spending new years in Brisbane and to travel to a beach instead. There's a good chance we'll both end up hitchhiking our way to surfers Paradise tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment