Sunday, December 6, 2015

Vietnam day 10

Saigon... shit; I'm still only in Saigon... Every time I think I'm gonna wake up back in the jungle.

My body really was not ready for the warmth and humidity of Ho Chi Minh after being in Hanoi for so long. Going to Korea a day later would really keep my body confused.

Sadly I didn't have all the time I wanted to do the touristy shit. I had to skip out on the tunnels :( instead I went to the war museum and purchased a bunch of cheap Xmas presents.

My flight was in the late evening again so I had enough time to make some friends at the hostel. I met this one bloke, Thomas, from Denmark, and went roaming around town with him. We found a park where locals were playing a game which involved kicking a shuttlecock with a spring on one end. It was bloody impressive how talented they were. It looked like an awesome version of tennis.

I decided to buy one of the shuttlecocks and play the same game. After realizing I had no foot-eye coordination i decided to revamp the game and slap the object instead. I called the game "slap-cock" and im definitely bringing it back to Australia.

Before I left forbmy flight I had an epic convo with one of the Vietnamese receptionists. She made me try quale eggs and some type of bean & garlic paste - it was delicious. She was only 21 and told me her dream was to live in England where its always cold. I didn't have the heart to tell her that dreaming to live in England for the weather was perhaps the dumbest life plan ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment