Sunday, December 6, 2015

Vietbam day 9

My original plan was to slowly make my way down Vietnam overtime, but sadly because I had spent way too much time in Hanoi at this point I decided that I would simply book a flight to Ho Chi Minh in order to catch my other flight to Seoul on the 7th.

If only it were so easy...

I took a taxi at 6:00am to the airport only to find out my flight had been cancelled due to a technical glitch in the aircraft! They reimbursed me 400,000 dong and told me to come back in the evening for a replacement flight. This really sucked because I was hoping to get at least 2 days in Ho Chi Minh and now I would only have 1.

On the bright side though, Max (the Sweedish bloke I had met before) was flying into Hanoi in the early evening. I managed to have a beer with him and show him around briefly before I had to leave to catch my new flight.

Once I got to the airport for the second time I found that my plane had been delayed by 2 hours due to another technical glitch!! Grrr! All these delays and cancellations had me worried about the safety of the plane I was flying on. I had no reason to be scared though, we didn't even crash once.

Somehow I managed to make friends with 2 Canadians on the flight despite an orchestra of crying babies disrupting our conversation.  The 3 of us split an uber to our destination once we arrived. I got to bed at 2am.

No comments:

Post a Comment