Monday, February 9, 2015

Thailand day 8

I left Grace's place in the late morning to go to Siam via train and monorail. Siam is supposedly where the heart of the city is but strangely there wasnt much there except giant booming malls like MBK which sold the same stuff side streets did for 5 times the price. I noticed people started playing the game 'spot the hobo' as soon as I entered because I was sweaty and had all my bags on me as I walked around the mall. 

I caught the monorail again to a place called Phrom Phomg where I could get a personal Muay Thai lesson for 800 baht (yeah I know, that's like $32!). I really liked it! I honestly think I'm a few lessons away from becoming a killing machine!

For lunch and dinner I purchased 5 bags of fruit. God they're so good! How do they make mangos, pinaples and apples taste so fresh and juicy every time! Individually the bags are cheap but combined it cost 100 baht. That's the problem with cheap food - you don't know when to stop consuming. Its like happy hour in Australia - you drink twice as much and spend the same amount.

In the late afternoon I went to Mochit to catch a night bus down south to Krabi in the hope I'll be able to find a boat to drop me off a Koh Phi Phi island. It's a night bus that leaves at 6:30pm today and arrives at 11am tomorrow morning. (I'm actually on it right now using the time I've got to catch up on my blog).

I'm planning to go island hopping over the next few days. I've heard Koh Phi Phi has a good party scene and is good for Muay Thai fights. Likewise I've heard Koh Samui has a good relaxed bar scene and Koj Tou is great for snorkling.

I'm finding my spontaneous travel planning philosophy is actually putting quite a bit of stress on me to organize everything in time. This is only because its quite difficult to easily get things done in a county that doesn't speak great English. As far as Thailand is concerned I'm going to start organizing my time at least 1 day in advance. Maybe when I get to Europe I can start being spontaneous again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment