Monday, February 2, 2015

Indonesia day 9

Our flight back to Jakarta was at 2:00pm so we arranged the receptionist to drive us to the airport at 12:30. The car was just like any other on the road except it had 2 huge speakers installed inside of it. As soon as we all got in the car; the driver put sunglasses on, slammed his foot down on the accelerator, and played the loudest and filthiest dubstep music I've heard. The ride was meant to take 1 hour but we got there in 20 minutes. I found watching the driver zoom around every motorcyclist pretty terrifying so after the first 5 minutes I learned that it would be easiest if I just stared at my feet and let the bellowing sounds of dubstep soothe me.

Once we arrived in Jakarta I said my goodbyes to brad and Matt and found a bluebird taxi to drive me to pondok indah. I was welcomed with open arms by Dennise. She had been kind enough to stock the fridge with bintang beer and prepare an amazing meal consisting of potatoes, roast beef, steamed veggies and some delicious creamy combination of brocolli and colliflour (is that how you spell it? I don't know). Dennise's son, Kiran, was also there!  The 3 of us sat around the dinner table for a while drinking beer, eating great food, and retelling stories. It was very enjoyable.

My flight to Bangkok was leaving at 6:15am the next morning which meant i had to leave at 3:30am. I had organized my finances perfectly such that I had just enough rupiah to pay for a taxi to the airport and the international departure tax. Kiran ruined this plan though by suggesting we should go to a roof top bar in Kemang and drink until I needed to leave for my flight. I thought that was a great idea so I begged Dennise with puppy dog eyes to give me drinking money.

The rooftop bar was dead (as expected for a Sunday night) but we had fun anyway powering through some beers and chatting with kirans Canadian friend.

We got back at 2am ish both pretty drunk and very tired. Just before leaving I found that Dennise had woken up in the middle of the night and prepared a quick breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast for me. Above and beyond, Dennise. Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment