Monday, February 16, 2015

Thailand day 14

I woke up at 9:00am hungover and sleep deprived. After deciding getting more sleep was futile, I went on a mission to find the closest greasy meal. About 20 seconds into my walk I found a broken down, unhygienic shack selling rice, duck and some kind of sweet sauce. I had two servings to myself. I can't tell you how awesome it is to get the taste of cockroach out of your mouth.

By about midday Luke and I decided to go to Siam to see the capital. We went there with the intent of being energetic tourists, but the hangover got the better of us and we ended up unenthusiastically dragging our feet around town. We found this one gym which was offering a year membership for 20 Baht (80 cents). The thought of paying money (no matter how little) to do exercise sounded like torture so we decided to leave and head back to Khao San rd.

As soon as we arrived at Khao San rd I sought out the nearest massage parlor. I emptied my wallet in front of them and asked for the longest massage possible.

Later we got in contact with Sarah and Cassia. They were heading to sky bar and invited us to join. Sky bar was a posh and expensive bar that had a dress code. Luke and I were hungover, poor and didn't have a single buttoned shirt so we politely declined.

Instead we had casual drinks at the same pub we went to yesterday. There we met a few German guys and a Canadian. The Canadian guy was really cool, but he had a longer beard than me so I hated him anyway. After only about 10 minutes of talking to each other I casually mentioned without any hesitation or subtlety that we should see a ping pong show. The vote was a unanynous 'yes', so after a few more beers we were on our way.

The show was awful. It was expensive, unimpressive and only lasted 10 minutes. Convinced that we couldn't leave Bangkok on a low point, we decided to go somewhere for food and drinks afterwards. That was much better.

When I got back I slept for about 3 hours before I had to leave to catch my flight. Not an easy task.

No comments:

Post a Comment