Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Thailand day 10

I woke up quite hungover so I decided to go to the supermarket to buy something with a lot of water. After buying and drinking a few Chang beers I was ready to start the day.

I spent the first few hours of the morning contemplating whether I should go to a different island tomorrow. I went so far as to research Koh Samui, find a good hostel and see if I could find cheap travel deals.

In the end I decided to stay in Koh Phi Phi and invest in a water skiing and island hoping activity.

I spent the majority of the day just walking around and getting a better feel of the island. I climbed to 'the lookout' and took a few good photos. Beautiful.

Later I managed to have drinks with a few Germans, Canadians, and British people in a a Mexican pub. It was really interesting to find out that all of them at some point had traveled to Australia. They all view it as the end goal tropical paradise. Ironic saying that while in Thailand, eh?

I decided not to drink any beers today because I wanted to save money. As a result I went to the boxing arena to watch travelers beat the living shit out of each other for free alcohol. I met a cool Canadian girl and American guy there.

About an hour of watching boxing from around a corner I got the idea that I could get a better view if I was the one fighting. I volunteered and was matched with a guy from Brazil made of muscle. Needless to say, he knocked me out in the first round. On the bright side, my nose isn't broken, my teeth are still there and I got a free bucket of alcohol!

I was pretty woozy afterwards so I decided to call it a night and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment