Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Thailand day 2

I woke up abruptly at 3:30am and sprinted to the bathroom. For the next half hour I proceeded to vomit up blood into the toilet. I expected to get food poisoning at least once while touring around Asia, but I was really hoping it wouldn't be so soon into my trip. #3rdworldproblems. Fortunately the day ahead of us wasn't too physically intense so I had some time to relax and regain my strength.

We began by going to a Thai temple. All the information signs were in Thai so sadly I couldn't learn anything. None the less it was kinda nice to wander around and take some cool photos. After this Pablo, Alanzo and I said goodbye to Grace and Andres and cought a 6 hour bus up north to Chiang Rai.

When we arrived at the bus stop we took a tuktuk to our hostel called 'big butter hostel'. We tried to haggle with the tuktuk driver but it didn't work. Alas we had to pay 150 baht ($6).

We got there close to 10pm so there wasn't much going on. We went to a local noodle place but I didn't eat much because my stomach was still upsetting me. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be feeling a bit better because we plan to ride motorbikes to 'white temple' and I need to be in top shape for that - after all, I don't have a license.

We met two really cool Scottish girls in the lounge area of our hostel just before we went to bed. They have been traveling for quite a while around Thailand and were very knowledgeable. They might travel around with us tomorrow hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment