Saturday, February 14, 2015

Thailand day 12

I woke up this morning and found a tic crawling across my face. I overacted a little and crushed it with my shoes with an unnecessary amount of force an unnecessary amount of times.

My ferry to Krabi was scheduled to leave at 1:30pm so I had some time to mess around and walk around the beach one final time.

On the ferry I sat next to a middle aged Sweedish guy. We got talking about Europe and in the end he suggested I go to Denmark, not Sweeden, when I visit. He was bold, had a walking stick and sounded a little like Yoda so I think I'll take his advice.

When I arrived I walked around hopelessly trying to find the bus station which my hostel receptionist advised me to go to. My efforts were useless though because I later found out that the bus station was a 15-20 minute drive from the dock. This event and many others have given me the lasting impression that the average Thai person is really shit at giving directions and reading maps. In the end though, it turned out to be a good thing because I haggled with a local to drive me to the bus station on the back of his motorbike. I had all my luggage on me too so that made the whole experience pretty awesome. More than once I caught myself grinding my sandles along the road as we overtook a car or sped around a corner.

I rocked up at the bus stop and lazily approached the counter saying 'can I go to Bangkok, please'. I was in luck because they had 1 seat left. 1st class, baby!

The bus was frustratingly long and was scheduled to arrive at 4:30am (yes, am) the next morning. We stopped over briefly somewhere for food and I noticed there was some kind of car promotion party just around the corner. I spent 19 of the 20 minutes I had walking around the fnacy cars watching Thai models seductively dance on some of the larger cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment