Sunday, February 1, 2015

Indonesia day 8

Today we spent 7 hours driving back to Padang. Out plan was to find a hostel by the beach then head to the airport tomorrow. When we arrived we said our goodbyes to Rapani and gave him a 10% tip for being such an awesome guide. The hostel was great: we had 2 beds, a western toilet and wifi. Matt and Brad spent 2 anti social hours catching up on Facebook while I reminisced about the subtle beauties of the Indonesian toilet.

After showering and resting up for a bit we went for a walk along the beach to a giant supermarket. We were pretty hungry so we found the first reteraunt, which happened to be a KFC, and entered. The food was cheap and tasty, but not very satisfying. When leaving the resteraunt we saw a knock off resteraunt about a block away called 'CFC'. We kicked ourselves for not going there instead.

When we got back we found our hostel was filled with young Indonesians. There were about 30 of them and they were all part of some basketball competition for university. They were extremely friendly, spoke pretty good English, played fantastic dub step music, and seemed to love Australians. I versed a few of them at table tennis and somehow managed to win every game - I think they might have let me win. It was a very fun night even though there was no alcohol.

That remends me, its been like 6 days since I've had a beer. Woah. I thought I'd be suffering from withdrawals by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment