Friday, February 6, 2015

Thailand day 4

I woke up earlier than the others so I had a long stroll around the neighborhood. Its beautiful. Unlike Indonesia you can walk easily on the pedestrian walkways and walk into small side shops. I really like the Thai people too, they're very friendly. One thing I don't like about Chiang Mai though is how its become such a tourist hotspot. There are quite a few McDonald's, Starbucks and burger king franchises scattered around the place. Strangely, one thing I do like are the small French crepe carts that rest on the side of the road. I think France colonized Vietnam before the war but I don't know if they had any influence over Thailand. Either way, Thai people have really perfected French food.

Later pablo Alonso and I toured about a dozen temples. They were beautiful and well preserved. By the 3rd temple I had transformed into a typical tourist. I was carrying a phone and map in both hands while juggling a coconut I was sipping on which i purchased for $40 Baht. By the 12th temple I was starting to suffer from temple fatigue. Pablo and Alonso went on to check out a final temple 2 hours away while I went back to the hostel and started socializing with Dave and a guy from the Netherlands called Peiter. They showed me this amazing place which gives you twice the quantity of food for half the price. I tried kao soi gai which is a traditional meal known only to Chiang Mai-eans.

After pablo and alonso got back we went to the night bazaar to watch a dancing show performed by lady boys. Sadly at this point I was starting to suffer from food poisoning again so I just toured the markets, bought 2 bracelets and went back to the hostel.

Pablo advised that I take it easy and not eat spicy Thai food for a day. There's no way that's happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment