Monday, February 20, 2012

Music

So I've downloaded (legally) ((illegally)) a whole bunch of songs that I've heard over the last few nights. What appeals to me most is the band 'the glitch mob'. They've got some good electro music.

I also found out that a lot of live bands are performing during spring break here in Austin. This is putting a lot of pressure on me because Colorado is getting very hard to organize and all my friends here will be traveling to not Colorado.

I pulled two all nighters on Friday and Saturday (in a row!). Frat parties have that affect on me I suppose. In my sleep deprived & drunken stupor, I'm pretty sure I said some embarrassing things and maybe gave some people a bad first impression of myself. Ah well, I guess that's the beauty of exchange. But my brain has healed again, and I'm ready to tackle the new week - exams and all.

I've been listening to heavy electro and dubstep music all week. I'm pretty sure my roommate hates me right now, but he's too cool to tell me to stop.

I also found out that this week and next is 'Engineering week'. They have a bunch of activities for Engineers of all years. One of the activities was poker! That's right TEXAS HOLD EM POKER! I got out almost instantly to a total noob. He met my all in bluff with a pair 8. Who does that? [I actually hope Pablo doesn't read my blog, because he knows I always complain about how bad the other plays were when I loose at poker :P]. But it was still fun. I'm still a little mind fucked as to how it's illegal (ILLEGAL) to play with money even though the game has the word "texas" in the title. To me that's kind of like saying football shouldn't involve your feet. Oh wait, the Americans do that too...

The person I'm planning to go to Colorado with (other than my past roommate) is a cool bloke. He's in his senior year of Engineering. It was cool having a conversation that didn't involve gossip or sexual innuendos.

1 comment: