Sunday, February 19, 2012

interesting people

Just before I write about a page on how I've managed to stereotype all Americans as being really social and friendly, let me just mention that I only ever write my blog when I have absolutely everything better to do. I'm meant to be studying for tomorrows test, doing tomorrows homework and preparing for 2 exams coming up later in the week. Ah well..

So I was lining up at J1 food court (not J2, I know). And as I was paying for my food, the Asian guy at the counter said to me "Hi There Sir! How are You today!?" In the most enthusiastic voice ever. He sounded EXACTLY like one of those really annoying and upbeat promotional machines that call you on your phone sometimes. IDENTICAL!
I stood there in silence as he finished his well memorized speech: "Ok! Well, that's $7.68! But, because you've got your Moore Hill card, that means you get a discount of 65c! Thank you! Have a great day today!"

While I was eating my food and contemplating whether he was either mentally challenged or whether Americans had actually invented robots to do lower end jobs I was approached by the 17 year old super sluts. I won't even try to remember what they said (for my sake), but I assure you, it was agonizing.

I went to another party last night too. It was pretty average to start off with, but slowly got better once more alcohol arrived and, you know, became less of a sausage fest. Also i met a lot of different people there. All of them loved that I was Australian. I think they managed to trick themselves that I had a really strong accent, because they wanted to hear me try and pronounce different words all night. So whilst I do like being included in conversations and social groups because I'm Australian, it's getting a little tiresome to get so much undeserved praise.

I'm still on the hunt to get another social circle to hangout with. Ideally one where everyone is aged 22-24. my fellow Engineering students are not the best candidates because they are either all male or fairly anti social. Lectures aren't the best place to socialize because everyone takes the lecture so seriously.

Maybe a trip to Colorado will be organized (if a miracle comes my way), so that might be a way to meet different people (including perhaps John! - roommate from 2 years ago) and have a fantastic time skiing.

Also, I don't care what people say. I_am_not_shaving_my_chest. It's just weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment