Sunday, February 26, 2012

drunk convos

You always hear the most interesting conversations on a Saturday night. The most interesting thing I overheard on my way back to my dorm tonight was from a very overweight and obnoxious guy saying; "why is everything uphill!? It's fucking gay!".

Saturday night parties are all well and good, but the conversation can get a bit tiresome. I just came back from a party which was considered 'good' by party standards, but still managed to find myself bored by the people around me. Perhaps I'm just being a little too cynical, but when every conversation you have with someone is about how drunk they got the week before or how drunk they are planning to get now, then I think it's time to move onto a more interesting topic. I tried socializing with some people at a party I just came from. And although it's pretty easy to entertain someone in conversation (all you have to do is make some vague reference to a sexual innuendo or over exaggerate a statement), I decided to bring the conversation to new heights. I started talking about the education system in the US. I was hoping for a meaningful and informative conversation about the 'no child left behind' policy adopted by Bush, or the Scholarship program, but instead I got cut short by a bloke who just said "American schools are fucking gay" followed by a round of laughter from everyone around us.

Personally, I value a rich conversation. So it's getting frustrating for me to put up with Undergraduates and their immature senses of humor. I guess I'm just craving a good middle ground. I want to find a group of people that are not 18 and are not anti social.

1 comment:

  1. You complain about people only talking about how drunk they get, but yet on most of your post you brag about your permanent drunk condition! :P

    ReplyDelete