Sunday, February 26, 2012

14 year old boys

I waxed my chest the other day.
I'll leave a few lines blank to let that fact settle in your mind for a moment.











It wasn't my fault! I was tricked. My roommate approached me and said (implied) that there was a party at Justin's apartment with unlimited beer. I went over there fully optimistic. Once I got to the apartment, Colin ran like a black man stealing a very light TV (no, I'm not racist). I was left at the front door partially confused, but still blinded by image of beer in my head.

Once I got inside, I found Irma with a tub of wax in her hand. In normal circumstances (any other circumstance) I would have rejected the offer and done whatever I could to get out of the apartment. But I made a promise to myself that I would say 'yes' to any opportunity that comes my way while I'm in America. Also, my back needed waxing, and I couldn't have one side done without the other.

Long story short, the upper half of my body is now a purple yellow color, with no hair to hide it.

I'm just relying on the well known rumor that Americans think having a hairy chest, stomach is an unattractive attribute. So far though, I have noticed no change in how people are perceiving me. Maybe it's because I'm wearing a shirt all day, or MAYBE it's because shaving your chest doesn't do anything except make you look like 14 year old boy!

Needless to say, chest hair grows a lot slower than facial hair, so I think I'm going to have to sit this one out for a couple of months to fully recover. But I would have to say the most disappointing part about getting waxed, is the fact that my clearly 'not six pack' is much easier to distinguish. Before I could rely on stomach hair to cover up what would could have been perceived to be a well chiseled body. There's no hiding it now. I look like a layer of toothpaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment