Monday, March 23, 2015

Skiing day 2

I woke up this morning covered with bruises. I gave Boaty (that's not his actual name, that's just what I call him) permission to punch me whenever I snore.

After 3 bowls of cerial and a shit tonne of water we headed to the slopes again! The weather definitely wasn't as textbook beautiful as yesterday but the mist settling half way up the mountain was an awesome sight to see. I felt like I was in Jurrasic park; which reminds me, they need to make another Jurassic park set in the snow.

I separated from the others for a while to see if I could find some more challenging slopes. Strangely what they label double blacks are extremely easy; about an equivalent blue in Australia. I still managed to almost fall over a few times though, so I can't brag.

We all met again near the top of the mountain for lunch. It had just started to snow so we all decided to have a snowball fight. It was cut short once I got a direct hit on Africa's face and gave her a nose bleed. I'm so sorry Afri, please forgive me :(

Afterwards we decided to go to a pub and get some beers. The local beer is amazing! En par to some of the best German beers I've tried. Very impressed!

I got talking to Boaty and he said he teaches high school maths, physics and chemistry with a friend for money. He also said he's very keen to branch off into online education. He is also a mechanical engineer so perhaps he can translate some of my educational videos and impliment them in his university. If this goes through, I would be so very very happy.

We drove into town to experience some tapas. I love the system here - you just grab food off the table and eat it wherever you want. Sooner or later some waiter will come by and count the number of toothpicks on your plate and know how much to charge you. I really admire that trust. The food is awesome too - they had everything from smoked eel to goats cheese on toast.

After the quick tapas appetizer we all went to grab dinner. Fun fact; the Spanish eat very very late. There were people entering the resteraunt at 12:30 at night. I love eating so late though, it's just a great way for me to escape the guilt of midnight snacking.

No comments:

Post a Comment