Friday, March 13, 2015

Heidelberg day 2

Sooo hungover.

I crawled up off the floor I passed out on and bravely ascended the stairs of Jonas's apartment to get to the bathroom.
Jonas awoke shortly afterwards and we both decided to find food. We squared our shoulders for the task ahead and began our treck to the cafe next door. Even though it wasn't on the breakfast menu, they were kind enough to make me a Weiner schnitzel & potato salad. I decided it would be best not to have wheat beer for breakfast today.

A few hours later 3 others from the party last night rocked up at the house. All of them, including Jonas, were driving to Cologne to go to a concert tonight. I don't know how they have so much party stamina. They had a spare seat on the car so they offered to drive me. This was quite fortunate because I could easily get to Berlin from Cologne.

The car ride was fun despite me falling asleep every 30 minutes. We drove along the autobahn at a peak speed of 180km/hr listening to ramstein. Somehow I still felt safer on the autobahn than I usually do on highways in Australia.

When I arrived in cologne, I said goodbye to the partyaholics and walked my way to the train station. The train left at 6:48pm and was scheduled to arrive late at night.

A very friendly 40 something old man called "Gecko" told me how I could save a €20 cab fare by catching a series of public transport options from Berlin Hbf.

The walk to my hostel was pretty cool. All the stereotypes are true; hipsters and graffiti everywhere. The hostel I'm staying at is surrounded by pubs and Doner kebab places. I think I'm going to like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment