Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Texas flying!

I've decided to write a blog of some kind. This idea was inspired by the awful caramel slice I just got on my 13 hour flight from Sydney to LA. I just needed a medium where I could vent.

Now, where to start? Well, I suppose any good blog should start off with a feeling of nervousness. 3 hours after saying goodbye to my parents, and after an hour of anxiously waiting at my gate (about 20 minutes after the flight was meant to be boarding). I heard a pair of faint speakers blast out "flight to LA now in its final stages of boarding - please board at gate 53". Not something you want to hear when your boarding pass reads Gate 9! After about 10 minutes of rationally convincing myself that there are other flights that go to LA, I heard again "Flight to LA in its final stages of boarding. Could a Mr. James please get to gate 53 NOW..." Before I could shit myself with embarrassment I heard the speakers finish with "Could a Mr. Yahuysiv Chobic James please board at gate 53." After 10 minutes of resting my ass muscles, I found myself on the right plane, ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment