Saturday, January 7, 2012

People

So I have not updated by blog for the last 2 (or 3?) days. Not the best start to this thing, eh?

A few days ago I found myself walking through UT campus at about 1:30am (I couldn't sleep and the receptionist said it was safe) when I walked into this youngster who looked about 2 years younger than me. Interesting bloke. He had a torn shirt, covered in dirt, and was wearing no shoes (doesn't he know how stupid it is not to wear shoes?). After an awkward introduction, he asked me if I could lend him a sleeping bag or a bed for a night. I said no, but he kept on playing the sympathy card. He told me about how he ran away from home about a week ago from Huston and how he'd given away his money and his shoes to someone on the street who he thought needed it more. Not only that, but about every 30 seconds he'd somehow always manage to segway to some biblical quote and end it with "you're always loved! Always loved!".

Not only that, but I met up with two people at the international seminar yesterday. They're doing their PHD in Aerodynamic Engineering [loud whistle]. They invited me to their place later on in the evening. Their roommates are amazing - all of them are druggies :P. At some point in the night, a bloke asked me if I wanted to trade a dos equis (awesome mexican beer) with a line of Cocane (don't worry mum, I didn't do it).

Oh yeah, one of the Americans was a hippy (like a legit hippy). He sat by himself, and swayed to the rhythm of the music for hours. He was wearing a bandana, and a whole bunch of other clothing which I can't even describe.

I'd like to more about the people I met, but my memory has gone on strike. Ah well, I'm meeting up with them again tonight anyway.

1 comment: