Friday, January 27, 2012

Garden of Eden

I was walking back to Moore Hill last night and I overheard a few people talking about a rumor. Legend had it that above Jester (the cafeteria), there existed a second floor - another cafeteria, unknown to anyone with an all you can eat buffet. At the time I dismissed it for unsubstantiated rumor. But the itch got to me. I had to find it. A buffet!? All you can eat!? No lines!?

I set off at dawn (1:30pm). The sitars to the second floor were well hidden - in between a post office and a pizza store. I got to the second floor and there was nothing there but construction work. Barren wooden walls and wooden floors instructing people to only wear safety gear. Still, I persisted. To the right someone started a construction drill! To the left - dust! It was tough to see, impossible to navigate. I must have been in there for 10 minutes now! The place was a maze!

But out of the dark hazy mist and loud construction noises I saw a light. It was a bright yellow light - a construction light. I followed it, somewhat distracted by its overwhelming beauty. Using my right arm to filter out the smog, I walked closer and closer into the abyss.

What's this? The smoke started settling. The construction light now dim. Below the construction light lay a sign. "J2 buffet $7". Could this be it? I stepped in like a child walking into a giant candy store made out of xbox's.

There it was, the most beautiful thing anyone has ever seen. The Garden of Eden. An almost empty cafeteria with 8 different types of food, all made by dozens of chefs right in front of you for only $7. Wheezing and drooling I stumbled towards the front desk. A beautiful woman smiled at me kindly and pointed me in the direction of the food as I swiped my card.

I had a bowl of corn puffs and then I went back to Moore Hill. Awesome


And now for something completely different: Might get involved in Rowing while I'm here. It's 6 days / week training. 2 hours / day. 600 $/ semester. If I have the time and the money, I'm definitely doing it. Not because I want to dedicate myself to a sport and feel a sense of community and not because I want to become a member of something larger than myself, but because I've been eating a lot of shit food recently, and I need to do some exercise to burn off all the calories I devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment