Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Social lives

Beer. It's cheap here. Too cheap. I think the savings I get from all the cheap beer here will be greater than the liver surgery I'll have to have when I leave. People here are really friendly too. It's very easy to just walk up to someone and have a conversation.

I think people in America are generally more social than Australians. The conversations you have here tend to be more interesting, and social groups aren't as isolated. I remember having troubles trying to fit in in a new social circle back in Aus. That's not the case here - especially because my Australian nationality can act as a great ice breaker.

One social trend which I still don't get here though is the constant hat wearing. Why? Everyone where's hats, it's so weird! I was shopping in a supermarket where there is no chance of getting burned but every guy still wears these stupid black hats backwards. I think it makes people look like nerds trying to act cool - I guess they think otherwise.

I've almost ran out of corn flakes... I guess I'll have to move onto sugar sprinkled donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment