Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Malaysia day 2

Fuck Malaysia is humid. Even with an industry scale airconditioner, plently of water and light clothes I still felt like I was melting to the bed.

I woke up extremely early (damn jetlag!!) And helped myself to my parents collection of fruit, croissants (still not sure if I'm spelling that right), and cerial.

I walked over to Matt's hostel at 10am and immediately caught the monorail to Sentral to see the Diwali Indian Festival. It was good but extremely small. There were only 3 tents and a handful of tourists walking around. The best part was getting street food and a large tiger beer. A good morning start!

Matt and I raced to the cinema to meet my parents and a few family friends to watch the new James Bond film. The film was predictably crap, but the seats were amazing.

Afterwards we all went out to an Indian place to enjoy some curry. Delicious!

After watching the movie, catching Taxis and eating food in fine restaurants I felt like I needed to immerse myself in Malaysian culture so I decided to walk back home through the broken streets and overcrowded bars. Strangely, Malaysia is reminding me a lot of Dubai; not because of the fancy cars or first class atmosphere, but because of the large overpowering malls. Sadly, it gives this amazing city a strong artificial aura.

No comments:

Post a Comment