Saturday, November 14, 2015

Cambodia day 3

Fuck im losing track of my blog, I've just had no time to write the last 3 posts! OK OK OK, where was I?

We woke up and immediately hopped on a mini bus directly to sihanoukville. The bus was filled with 6 British backpackers (a 2:6 ratio is actually pretty representative of the nationality split in Cambodian hostels) who lived up to every stereotype I believed. We played a game called "heads up" which is kinda like a more awesome version of charades.

When we arrived we found out that the hostel was almost completely booked out. Rather than rent a private room containing 4 beds for ourselves we asked two other British girls of they'd like to stay with us (to bring to cost of $4.50 / person to $2.25 / person). One of the girls was called Ellen and was an accident prone, dispraxic, alcoholic chain smoker. And the other girl was called Carla and she was just 28.

I sacrificed my ideals for one afternoon and headed to the nearest resteraunt to get pizza. I'm impressed Cambodia, you've mastered the art of creating unhealthy western food! Good on ya, mate.

Afterwards I headed to the beach to view some of the fireworks and pyromaniacs. It was pretty cool except the girls we were with were definitely the party type which didn't bode well with my reserved nature and hangover. I went to be bed at 9pm! Crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment