Monday, November 23, 2015

Laos day 1

We woke up at 6am to catch a bus to the 4000 islands in Laos. Max didn't join us for this part of the trip though because he wanted to cut into Vietnam sooner than we did.

On the bus Matt and I sat next to two awesome Swiss girls and a bunch of French people. I learned how to say 'im a fat cow' in french: "je suis une grosse vache". Finally I can be open and honest with myself when I get a chocolate croissant.

Crossing the boarder into Laos was easier than expected. We were told there would be hour long delays and people trying to scam us, but we didn't experience any of that.

Once inside Laos we got another bus to the 4000 islands and a small boat to the island Don Det. It was too dark to do anything once we got there so we just parked ourselves at the EasyGo hostel, had dinner with a few strangers, and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment