Thursday, March 8, 2012

Skiing

So my adventure to Colorado starts tomorrow at 8:00am sharp! I've tried not to talk about it too much in my blog for the last few weeks, but really it's been on my mind 24/7.

I did an exam earlier today and all I could think about was replacing very crucial elements of the exam with skiing parts. I think I'll do pretty good though.

Ok, so I just purchased some $16 dollar skateboarding shoes which I desperately needed since my black casual shoes have two gaping holes in the bottom. Funnily enough, as soon as I bought them and started wearing them outside of the shop, a group of skaters came up to me and asked me where the nearest skate park was. I said I didn't know, then they swore in my general direction and ran off.

Back to skiing! I need to buy some skiing stuff, but I reckon I'll just buy what's cheap over here and then purchase the rest in New Mexico with Simeon and Mike.

Also, I've given up trying to be subtle when I mention I'm from Australia. I've made it a habit of mine to introduce myself as Australian before I give anyone my name. I also randomly chime in and segue any conversation to a subject of Australian beer. You'd be amazed at how easily it works at getting peoples attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment