Tuesday, March 20, 2012

food and feet

So I just had a beef burger. I guess that means my vegetarian lifestyle just ended :(. Well, it was interesting while it lasted.

I lined up at J2 and noticed that my two options were a beef burger or whitish yellow mush. Don't judge me!

While I was in line, the bloke next to me saw that I didn't have shoes on and asked jokingly; "you in a rush to get here?". I told him that going shoeless is a cultural norm in Australia and everyone does it. I must not have said it with enough sarcasm because he apologized and said it was a 'cool idea' with as much fake sincerity as he could.

To be fair, my thongs/sandals/shoe-thingies broke a few days ago so I've had no choice but to walk bare foot to all my classes and around campus for random errands. I tried to pull the Engineer card by stapling them back together, but it didn't work :(

I should probably invest in another pair shortly because I'm getting a lot of weird looks from College students and a lot of supportive looks from hippies.

No comments:

Post a Comment