Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Matthew Peter James Senior

I only just realized today that UT has incorrectly saved my name as "Matthew James Senior". I didn't pay much attention to it until one of my classmates asked if I actually had a kid. In hindsight I should have totally gone with it. I could have developed a new Catholic alter ego where I have 7 kids and hardly any money to support them.
But now that I think about it, this really does explain a whole lot. It explains why students look back at me with that confused 'wtf, man?' face whenever my name comes up on the projector. I always thought their priceless expressions were due to my super religious triple first name.

I also volunteered for the Texas Longhorn run promotion campaign today. Albeit, I was only there for 15 minutes until I gave up and went to class, but I still managed to grab a free shirt and water bottle!

I went to the local pub the other day (that's actually what it's called) with Ettiene and Vivek to play trivia with their other PHD friends. I really enjoy the bar scene, it's very relaxing and social. However, I can't help but feel incredibly stupid every time I walk out of the pub, because I know none of the answers ever presented in the trivia challenge. All the questions that are asked are all very specific useless facts - for example, one of the questions was; what is the name of the deadly scorpion that glows bright yellow under ultraviolet light? I have no idea, and more importantly, knowing the name won't help me if I'm ever surrounded by them. All I need to know is how fast they run, and how fast they burn once drenched in petrol.

Eeeargh, I've got a small pop quiz in 1/2 an hour. My professor made it compulsory to do pop quizzes in class in an attempt to improve attendance. It's not working though, more people just get worse grades because they miss class and the pop quiz...

No comments:

Post a Comment