Sunday, March 25, 2012

Round up

Round up occurs the weekend after spring break. It's a time where all frat parties welcome all people in for lots of free alcohol and loud music. This is usually very uncharacteristic of frat parties because they are typically very exclusive.

Even though you were meant to get a green wrist band to enter the frat parties, i managed to sneak in with a crowed of people by flashing my UBSki wrist band. After I got in I met Simeon (the guy I went skiing with in Colorado) and a few friends from around UT that I knew. I was also wearing my JIS (Jakarta International School) shirt at the time, which was very convenient because one of the 'brothers' (one of the people who belong to the ridiculous overpriced Frat) also lived in Buket Golf in Jakarta. After mathing it out, we found out that he was in the year just below me. It was really rewarding to have a conversation about the 3 level cafeteria and other good parts about JIS which I thought I had forgotten.

Even though the music annoyed me slightly I still managed to enjoy the Frat overall. At about 12am (11:59pm + 1 minute), I went to Austin and Jason's place to check out a party they were hosting there. It was pretty decent, but I felt like I was just socializing with people I already knew there. In hindsight, I should have stayed at a few frat parties for a bit longer so I could meet up with a few more people. Ah well, it was still a good night overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment