Sunday, March 18, 2012

end of spring break

As you may have guessed from the title of this post, spring break is over. Colorado was fantastic. Simeon and Mike (the two guys I went on the trip with) are very cool people. Park Meadows lodge was located right next to the slopes and we had a hot tub. So it became a daily thing to ski all day, ski directly to our lodge, then hop in the hot tub with a few beers and talk about what we were gonna do with the rest of the day.

I also had a lot of fun talking to people on chairlifts. It was very surprising to notice that a huge percentage of people going to Colorado were Texans - most of which from Austin.
The coolest experience I had on a chairlift was with a few uni students going to Uni in Boulder (another part of Colorado). As soon as we got half way up the lift, and about 40m elevation from the ground below, I was offered a shot of Whiskey (glass and everything) and a gulp of some weird concoction of Whiskey and Apple cider that had been warmed up. That was a lot of fun.
Also, on a chairlift the following day, the bloke next to me was being quite anti social by listening to his music and staring at the mountains for a while. Then, about half way up, with no warning whatsoever, I heard a flicker of a lighter and smelled a waft of weed in my direction. I looked over at the guy again, and he had a full sized bong out from under his jacket, and was taking a hit right in front of me.

While I was there, I went to a few parties around the lodge or near it. I met some guys from Alabama. Holy crap their accent is strong! They were a lot of fun. I've managed to stereotype the entire state as being filled with alcoholics with shotguns and bibles. I met a few people from UT there as well and they invited me to a pub in Austin on the day I got back (yesterday). That was pretty cool, I'm glad I've managed to get an older circle of friends here.

But spring break is over now :(. I think I'm going to catch up on a weeks worth of sleep and then get working on some homework :(

No comments:

Post a Comment