Sunday, March 25, 2012

Bitches n' Hoes

That's right, this post will be about American Rap Music.

Most parties here have an interesting blend of American Rap music and country music. I find this really weird because these types of music are polar opposite in nature, yet both seem appropriate in a party. Also, every now and then a song comes on called "the wobble" (i'm pretty sure that's what it's called). It's a very interesting song, not for it's lyrical genius or interesting beat, but because of how everyone acts once the song comes on. Whenever this song comes on, everyone instantly starts 'wobbling' (that's a euphemism for jerking your hips in a whole bunch of different directions). It's quite a simple dance, but I still can't do it.

I went to a party the other day called "Holi" - a Indian religious holiday to spread awareness about the unfair caste system in India. It was AWESOME. About 300 people were there just throwing water balloons and paint at each other. At one point, I even went crowed surfing - that was a life changing experience.

I met a few interesting people over this weekend, but I think I gave them a poor first impression due to irreconcilable cultural differences.

I still haven't hung out with the other people we met at Colorado. I'm going to put in an effort to invite them to a pub or UT activity soon. I'd like to see them before the UT run on the 14th of April.

Oh yeah, that reminds me, I've been training (occasionally running between binging food and watching youtube videos) for the UT longhorn run. I want to be able to run the thing without wheezing and panting.

No comments:

Post a Comment