Monday, April 30, 2012

Surprising news

So Jonathan Effgen contacted me earlier today telling me that he's making plans to come to Texas. I couldn't be happier! I hope that he's serious about it, because that would be a fantastic end to my American adventure. He wants to drive (so that we can travel around Texas with more ease, but he's probably going to fly because it's cheaper for him). Moral of the story: Guilt tripping people into becoming your friend always works! I contacted my Professor today and asked him about any possible research positions that might be available to me when I graduate and consider doing a masters. He said that with good grades and good reference letters it's very possible I could do some research directly under him or another professor in aerospace! He warned me that research nowadays involves mostly computer programming. But hopefully by that stage I will have gotten over my fear of MatLab and will have had the patience to learn computing linear algebra. There was a concert on Saturday called "nocturnal". It was staring Skrillex, Pendulum and other major bands. However, it was a 2 hour drive away and I didn't have tickets. However, if I had a car that worked, I would have totally booked tickets last minute (for close to $100) and partied it up. But the weekend was still really cool because I spent the Saturday chilling at a pool party, then went downtown with Vivek and Marissa. I've noticed my roommates absence is becoming harder and harder to predict. Sometimes he is in his room for hours on end playing flash games on his computer up till 3:00 in the morning, and other times he's gone for 5 hours at a time. Oh, and lastly, I've decided that facebook is destroying my academic life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment