Monday, April 23, 2012

gay bar

I've got one month left so I've really decided to lose any inhibitions that were keeping me back. On the weekend I went downtown with Etienne, Vivek and a friend of theirs who is also doing a PhD in Aerospace Engineering. Their friend, who has a name so hard to pronounce I won't even bother trying to spell it, is gay so we all decided to go to a gay bar. As soon as I walked in I was offered a drink by a drag queen. Without thinking I accepted the double shot of jagermeister. After an awkward 5 minute conversation the drag queen and his friends asked me if I was gay or straight. I mentioned ashamedly that I was straight and they left shortly afterwards. An hour passed pretty slowly and soberly and I decided that I'd create some entertainment. And that's when my life reached a record low. I made a deal with Etienne and Vivek that I'd line up at the bar, trick a bloke to buy a drink for me, and just before the guy attempts to talk with me Etienne and Vivek would chime into the conversation and pull me out. Or at least that's how the plan was meant to go. Just as planned, I lined up at the bar and managed to get a random guy from Chicago to buy a whiskey coke for me. But right when I expected Etienne and Vivek to chime in and help me out, I looked around and they were in a corner laughing at me from afar. Because they abandoned me I was forced to have a very awkward 1/2 hour conversation with this guy until I faked a phone call and left the club at full pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment