Saturday, May 19, 2012

suicide

Earlier today I jumped out of a plane 2 miles in the air and free fell 120 MPH vertically downward.

It was only 1 minute of free fall, but I enjoyed and fully experienced every second of it. The adrenalin rush was overwhelming for that 1/2 second you jump out of the plane. I was ordered to keep my hands in and legs tucked, but I trusted the bloke strapped to me from behind enough to abandon all safety precautions. Just for fun, I decided to leave the plane doing the 'superman' - legs and arms fully extended. The feeling of free fall, followed by the visual of plummeting downwards to the ground, mixed with a bunch of spins and back flips was just pure extacy.

The jump was followed by nice cool beer waiting for me at the end. A perfect finish to a perfect day.

I've wanted to see the country side of America quite badly in the last week. Now I found a way to see all the countryside at once :).

My roommate left this morning to San Antonio. Regretfully he didn't say goodbye in person which is quite disappointing but at least he sent me a text saying goodbye.

I'm heading up to Dallas tomorrow. It was a tough decision to move to Dallas this soon. I was very tempted to stay in Austin and experience every last drop of a social life I can siphon from it. But I think it's better to move to Dallas sooner if only just to experience a different city rather than over commit to just Austin - even though 'dead Austin' is still amazing.

Oh yeah, I officially have NO CLEAN CLOTHES. I literally had to do laundry in my underwear as soon as I got back from skydiving. In fact, it's probably done now. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment