Thursday, May 10, 2012

Rugby and Football

I was about to study, but then I remembered this funny story which I wanted to write down before I forgot.

Last week I found myself at a formal with a friend of mine in a bar downtown where I knew pretty much no one. I eventually introduced myself to this bloke who also knew no one. We got talking about sports (so cliche, I know), and he asked me whether I played rugby. Of course I said I did because I wanted to live up to the Australian stereotype as much as possible. Little did I know that this guy played professional rugby for UT. My bullshit skills were put to the test when he asked me about; what positions I played, changes in rules over the last few years and different tournaments. Needless to say, within a few minutes he figured out that I had never played rugby in my life and had barely even watched a game...

It's not fair! Americans should stick to playing American sports like American Football and lacrosse! They shouldn't know any other sports! This whole fiasco has made me really start reconsidering whether I should stop claiming to be a professional surfer...

At least the bar had a free bar tab :D

No comments:

Post a Comment