Saturday, May 12, 2012

Injuries

I really hurt my hip about a week ago while running. I had damaged it earlier in the semester doing weights, but it only recently came up again while running. I was doing a loop around the UT stadium and I heard a loud 'pop'. I'm sure it's nothing serious, I bet it just needs some time to heal. But this is really bad timing because the Gym is not open for as long as it used to be during the semester, and I really want to go running to relieve the stress of exams. Ironically this happened while trying out my new running shoes which were purchased for the soul purpose of preventing long term injury...

I'm having my farewell party tonight. This should be fun. I'm going to purchase some alcohol in a few hours.

Jonathan is being quite good in responding to my skype calls and facebook messages. I've really been on his case about whether he's going to come to Texas (in a non annoying way). He says that flights are way too expensive at the moment to fly to Austin and back from Dallas. But he assures me that he's working a shit tonne to afford a super cheap flight. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I honestly feel that he's not going to make it to Austin - it's too late. Yet I'm still complemented that he's putting in the effort to try. Fortunately this doesn't affect my travel plans around Austin/ Dallas before my flight. Either way I was planning to make my way up to Dallas with Marissa.

There is so much organizing to do for Europe. I'm slowly progressing every day that goes past. But there are still small details that need to be hammered down.

10 days to go :(

No comments:

Post a Comment