Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Switzerland day 1

Pablo and I made a fast and uncalculated decision to go to switzerland. We could not out stay our welcome with the ficher family so we looked for place to go down south. After hearing some valuable advice from my parents we decided to go to Bern and explore what Switzerland has to offer. I'm staying for 3 nights then going to Strasbourg and Pablo is staying for 2 nights then going home to Madrid.

We found a train that left fairly early in the morning so we had to make a somewhat abrupt fair well. Sadly we had no chance to say goodbye to Christina in person.

We arrived and booked into the first hostel we saw. Afterwards we toured the city. there is a giant river that passes through the capital which you are allowed to jump in to and go swimming! Its really cool because the river travels at least 14km/hr. No doubt we are doing that tomorrow morning.

The town is really pretty and friendly. Sadly though I can't find anything to do. All I see are beautiful residential areas and the occasional closed bar. The hostel is a tad of a disappointment too unfortunately. Its filled with middle aged couples and very closed Asian friend groups. I guess my standards are a bit high after staying at the flying pig in Amsterdam.

We were unable to celebrate pablos birthday yesterday so we are probably going to get drunk with the rum which Pablo bought me and see if there is a club here.

We still haven't met all of our roommates yet so there is a good chance that some of them will be keen to get drunk with us.




No comments:

Post a Comment