Tuesday, July 16, 2013

France day 4

My last hours in France were spent mostly touring a castle. We decided not to pay the additional euro for a professional tour. Instead marine was our guide. Sadly though the only thing marine knew about the castle was that it was undergoing renovations because the material the castle was made of partially consisted of sand which meant it was slowly falling apart. I guess that means I made an arguably equally impressive castle when I was a kid.

Afterwards marine Jasper and I went to an all you cab eat French restaurant for only 11€. Naturally i turned this into a competition to see who could eat more. Jasper won.... just. In between the water sculling and food binging I noticed that the food was a french version of pizza. I can't remember what its called but the literal translation is "flamed pie".

For a rematch I challenged Jasper to a chocolate eclare eating competition. We were both exploding from the inside so instead of seeing who could eat more, instead we tried to see who could eat 1 the fastest without hands. I won and earned the respect of Jasper and marine and gaining the inner disgust of the bakery owners.

I took the train to the Airport while deeply concerned that the Ryan air flight might be late. Jaspers Ryan air flight a few days ago arrived 2 hours late which made me think I might miss my bus from the stanstead airport. Spoiler alert: I was fine. The flight itself was interesting because i found myself sitting between two very well built and tall French black men. I practiced my black pigeon English skills as best I could during the 1 hour flight. It payed off because they fist bumped me after the flight. I really wanted to show them a little bit of white culture by introducing them my pacman handshake. I didn't in the end because I'm sure they probably have a good pacman handshake already.


No comments:

Post a Comment