Sunday, August 13, 2017

Day 6 Austria

I woke up at 9am so I could frantically get my stuff together to check out on time. I met up with Kumaran (the Irish dude) right afterwards and we decided to check out the city together.

Begin Interesting backstory:
Before I got wasted last night, I decided to book a bus all the way to Amsterdam. Coincidentally the Irish dude was catching the same bus all the way to Brussels.
End of Interesting backstory:

I took a tour around the castle and city center. It's a really beautiful tiny city. There were little kidlings playing Pokemon Go trying to catch a legendary Pokemon by the castle. It reminded me a lot of when I was traveling around Europe with my family as a kid with my face glued to a black and white gameboy. No regrets.

Munich was the first stop out of many towards the Netherlands. We managed to make a few friends on the bus and we all decided to grab beers at a beer garden and eat kebabs at a neighboring stall. The lack of rain made my experience of Munich this time round a whole lot more pleasant.

While I was on my 12 hour bus ride to the Netherlands I had some time to reflect on what I had learned traveling through Germany and Almost Germany.

1) If you want to order the big 1L beer glass, do not call it a "stein". They don't know what that means. Instead order "Une Mass"
2) Starbucks has free WiFi
3) WC stands for bathroom

There were some other things I learned, but those were the main ones.

1 comment:

  1. Most important things to learn.
    You are a legend! xDD

    ReplyDelete