Saturday, August 12, 2017

Day 4 Germany

Munich is big, like really big, like so big it makes Los Angles looks still massive, but only kind of massive. In fact, because Germany is so well interconnected by roads and train lines, it’s not uncommon to find people who work in Munich, but live in an adjacent city. Johns Uncle is one of those people, and he gave me a lift to Munich at 6am for free. I arrived at 7am and proceeded to walk around the city for a solid 11 hours before I could meet up with my Austrian friend after she finished work.

Walking around Munich was interesting, but exhausting. It started to rain quite heavily at 12:00 so my walk around “English Park” was cut short. It also meant I couldn’t enjoy Munich’s famous beer gardens as much since I had to sip on my beer undercover and not in the garden. On the Brightside though, I spent a large chunk of time in the University and state library which was kinda cool! The bottom of Munich’s University featured a small museum where anyone could learn about how the University of Munich tried to stop the Nazi’s. If I remember correctly, the “white rose” was a small resistance movement started in 1942 which opposed many Nazi-esk things, including the invasion of Russia. But I think shortly after small group of academics got started releasing their pamphlets, they got shut down by the “Gestapo” and assassinated.

I met my friend, Anita at a beer garden at 6:00. I was sore, tired and full of way too many pretzels, but that didn’t stop us from enjoying a lovely German dinner and stein. We had planned to do a Beer garden pub crawl around Munich, but after some misadventures with bike riding in the rain, I put in the towel and begged for an easy night of Game of Thrones and hot chocolate. I got my wish.

Gutten bye Germany. Next stop, Austria!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really have no luck with beer gardens. ^^
      Sry mate! But at least you got your stein finally. Well deserved! ;-P

      Delete