Saturday, August 12, 2017

Day 5 Austria

I arrived in Salzburg in the late afternoon and made my way directly to my 30 euro / night hostel called "Muffin". Rather than catch public transport, I decided to waddle my way through the city center. My first impression of Austria is that it's very similar to Germany (my lasting impression is that it's very similar to Germany). When I arrived at my hostel I was initially very pessimistic about my socializing opportunities because I saw lot's of people in their 50's waddling around. I later found out that there was a classic music festival over the weekend which was filling up every form of accommodation - hence the expensive hostel and the presence of old people.

However, I was lucky enough that I managed to run into an Irish guy and Austrian girl while I was making dinner in the kitchen. They were active hikers in their early 20's that had just finished hiking independently around the Austrian Alps. I didn't have the equipment, time or organizational skills to do a hike in the alps this trip, so I decided to live the experience through their descriptive story telling.

We all had the intention of going out to the city center to grab a few beers, but we all got distracted playing ping pong and drinking beers at the hostel instead.

By around 4:30am, I stumbled drunk into my 4 bedroom hostel trying desperately not to wake my 50 y/o Chinese woman and Indian male roommates up.

No comments:

Post a Comment