Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Day 3 Germany

Today I learned that Augsberg is famous for having the largest prostitution per resident ratio in Germany. :)

 John had work today so this was my chance to borrow a bicycle and explore the city on my own. In an expected turn of events, breakfast had been prepared for us - it was a traditional German breakfast including; bratwurst, pretzel and heffeweizen. Absolutely delicious. I'm sure having alcohol super early in the morning 2 days in a row didn't help my lingering jetlag.

There wasn't much to do in the town, but I proceeded to do the lost tourist march to find all the major attractions anyway. There were a few cool statues and some overpriced museums. In the midst of it all I got to meet with a homeless man who is informally known as the "King of Augsburg". I took a shameless selfie with him and was on my way. On the way back I stopped by the University to check out their facilities. My lasting impression is "meh, is aiight I guess".

By late afternoon I retreated back to Johns mums home to cocoon myself in the comforts fast WiFi and free food. Once recovered I went for a 2 to 3 hour hike around the giant park next to the house. It was fantastich!

In the evening John and I went to a brewery to try a lot of local beers. It was a good end to a good trip :)

Next stop, Munich!

No comments:

Post a Comment