Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Japan day 3

I was in line for the first Gondola heading up the mountain. This was a good day to start early because the visibility was much better than the previous 2 days. I went to the very top of the mountain with my dad and ski'ed (am I spelling that right? IDK) to the very bottom in one go. I decided to film about 3 minutes worth of skiing which I might put up on facebook when I'm back in Australia. I've found out that my skiing level is quite unfortunate because the double black runs are quite easy for me, but the trick park is too hard for me. So when I had the chance I decided to trade in my skis for one day for a snowboard. I've never snowboarded before so this would definitely be a challenge for me. This turned out to be a good idea in the end because I could progress through the mountain with my family. Sadly, my Dad had the foresight to film me learning which means he's got a few clips of me stacking which I think are good material for a cheesy TV show.

It turns out that you only realize how hurt you are when you have a shower and find all the bruises and cuts on your body. I fell over a lot. A lot. and even my triple layering wasn't enough to protect me from the falls. It also didn't help that I made the habit of adding a bit of unnecessary momentum in every fall so that the people watching me stack it would think I'm hardcore. You could tell by their indifferent posture and lack of eye contact that everyone thought I was badass. I've also got a small bruise on my nose because I made the mistake of thinking that a beautiful clump of white snow was in fact just white snow. For fun I dived face first onto the clump expecting the clump to flatten out like a pancake and soften my fall - instead the bulge was made out of 95% ice with only a small layering of white snow on top. Ouch.

When I got back and showered up I turned on the TV and discovered one of the best shows of all time. It's a commercial for the hotel that lasts about 15 seconds with the most repetitive but catchy song in the background (Almorox by the Twister Guys). The commercial is put on repeat so it drives you into a happy kind of crazy.

In other news, my brother and I went to an all you can eat Japanese Buffet. The theme of the night was Italian so we went nuts on the pasta. To make it easier to shove food on my plate, I managed to find a children's section of the buffet which had slightly larger plates with grooves in it for separating food. The plate also had a few pictures of Popeye to keep me entertained. It worked well.

No comments:

Post a Comment