Monday, January 20, 2014

Japan day 2

I awoke to the annoying sound of that repetitive simple machine lying near the side of my bed. It was my brother saying innocently "hey, weren't we meant to be meeting mum and dad soon?"

After a small delay, we met ma and pa for breakfast in the buffet. There wasn't much time, so we decided to part ways. I was to go town to find a ski rental place which sold twin tip skis while the rest of the family would start their adventure on the mountain. I found my new skis and was ready to roll. My brother also bought his 'go pro' camera with him on the slopes, so he filmed me out performing him in every way. The visibility was still pretty bad near the top of the mountain so I spent the majority of my time skiing the bottom half while testing myself with some challenging double black runs. I found a few runs which had been undiscovered by anyone the entire day because they were so well hidden. The powder had built up and there was no sign of any previous skiers or snowboarders. I stopped every 15 minutes to gaze up at the beautiful mountain for a couple of seconds. I think I've discovered that terrain skiing (involving going over moguls and dodging trees) is now my favorite type of skiing. Jumps and spins are now second place.

When I got back I decided not to go to the penis pool. It just didn't seem that appealing. Instead I had an hour long bath and found a spot with free wi fi to finish compiling my half completed blog posts.

I think i'm going to have dinner with the family later and then head out to the town in search for a pub. Sounds like a good plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment