Saturday, December 14, 2013

Melbourne day 3

Ok ok. I know i really should have written this post ages ago when i actually, you know, was un Melbourne. But better late than never.

I dedicated that day to meeting up with callum and my Dutch friend. They both lived on the beach about a half hour walk from each other, but a good 4 hour walk from me. I didn't really want to waste time or money on public transport so I decided to walk all the way there. It was a good call in the end  because i ended walking through a whole bunch of side streets which were pretty cool
Eventually I reached st. Kilda and met up with Callum and his father. It was good seeing mr. Frew again - he still hasn't lost his grudge against me for a an age of empires game all of us played years ago where I back stabbed him and my other allies to get the win all for myself. Eventually the topic changed from computer games and we resorted to polite small talk. Apparently I act more american than I did 2 years ago.

After taking a trolley to the city we went to the asian beer cafe where we tried Go Ku beer. Just like the tv show it appeared strong but was actually weak and took hours to notice an effect. I hadn't eaten anything all day so I was in the mood for a cheap feed. We waddled on down to an all you can eat Chinese restaurant. Within 5 minutes our table was bombarded with cheap deep friend chinese food. When a waiter approached callum and asked him if he would like more, callum hesitated and the waiter understood and said 'no yet no yet'. Its at that point where my money saving, binge eating, respect lacking instincts kicked in and i grabbed the Waiter and said 'yes yet yes yet. More food more!' Callum will thank me later. The weirdest thing about the restaurant though was that it kept playing weird music. Marvin gaye was on repeat and every 10 minutes they would play happy birthday. I think it was a bug in the software because everyone kept looking around to find the birthday boy/girl with no luck. After the 5th time it played I stood up and clapped at callum making everyone think it was his birthday. He will thank me later. 

To top it off I went to we want to a German pub afterwards to enjoy some wheat beer. A great end to a great trip.... Or at least it would have been if I didn't have to wake up at 3:45 am yo catch my flight and if there want a fire alarm that went off for an hour at 2am. Gurr.


No comments:

Post a Comment